Deadpool: prophet? or puppy?

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is out this week. I know that all of you are just as anxious as I am to see it. As much as I like Hugh Jackman as our beloved cigar smoking, father killing, side-burned tortured soul, I am ecstatic that my favourite psychopath Deadpool is making an appearance!

Back in 1997 Marvel gave us Wade Wilson, a lovable mercenary that has the gift of gab. He's been one of the most interesting characters to ever grace the pages of Marvel's comic books.

But is he a prophet?

See, some say that to be a prophet you need to predict a great many things. I disagree. I think to be a bona fide prophet, you just need to be right.

Deadpool hit the nail on the head.


That's right folks! Way back in 2002, Cable vs. Deadpool #3 pg.13, Deadpool let us know that Ryan Renolds is the only man for the job!

Granted, Deadpool didn't really make a prediction, and well, it could be that all the good shar-pei puppies in L.A. were too busy to be bothered, but hey! we'll take what we can get! Score one for good ol' Wade Wilson!

Suck it Nostradamus!

No comments:

Post a Comment