Eulogy for "The Strangers" May 30, 2008 - May 31, 2008

To tell you the truth I had a hard time putting all of The Strangers’ good traits into writing. No matter how hard I try, I can never do justice to what she overcame in her lifetime. I know we are all grieving today for we all lost a terrible movie. But I know wherever she is now she’s happy and contented with what crap she left us.

She was a bore, a waste of time and a burden to all of us. I’m sure each and every one of you here today has something to share on how The Strangers touched your life. She shared a lot of ghastly memories, especially with me, her favorite patron. We shared lots of things together and she was one of my least favorite movies. I don’t know if I can still be the same person I was now that she’s gone. I can remember the last activity we did together, ironically enough; we went out to watch a movie. As some of you already know The Strangers really loved to butcher classic love stories. Although we never agreed on what to watch, I always dreaded our times together. She’d always ask odd questions about the actors or about the story. And I’d just look at her and she’d keep on asking until she got the answer she wanted.

The Strangers was a very strong film and she always got her way. I personally would never seek her advice before I’d go to my parents. We always had short talks. Even if I didn’t finish what I wanted to ask her she already had an answer for it. She was also the kind of flick that would rarely ever think about other people before herself. She never liked asking for help but she was always ready to perpetuate the stereotypes of bad horror movies. She would do everything in her power to make a buck.

Although she never got the chance, I think in her own way she was able to show us how unimportant we all were to her. We may no longer see her but we’ll always have these special moments we shared with her. Let’s just be thankful that we knew a "special" movie like The Strangers.

2 comments:

  1. Dude.. we need to get you a girlfriend or something. Your hormones are off.

    This movie wasn't special. It wasn't innovative... It doesn't even qualify as 'relatively good'. If you're eulogizing it, I just want to bury it in a pine box in an unmarked grave. Hopefully, in a hundred years, it'll come back to haunt someone through a TV set and at least pretend to be an interesting movie.

    Oy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sat·ire –noun
    1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
    2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
    3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.



    ;)

    ReplyDelete